ORPHAN Collection - 15 different handmade bears
This collection of orphaned bears have been gathered over the many years we've been in the artist bear community.
Many are from our own personal collection, some have been swaps for Emma's Bears, some have been traded for bear supplies. We have an eclectic assortment of critters here, and all are in excellent condition.
Please note that once sold, they are not able to be replicated (obviously!) - so if you really like someone, grab them while you can.
*** The amount of bears here is a little overwhelming! Click on each photo to see a larger picture. Each bear's name is written on the photo - the corresponding information (size, condition, age, tags etc) is written below, and you can select the bear you'd like to purchase using the drop down menu at the top of the page. ***
* Taffy - made by an Australian Bear Artist from the 1990s - 'a beale bruin'. Taffie has her tags and it states that she was made in 1999 from a tipped German mohair with ultrasuede paws, german replica glass eyes and a waxed nose. She is one of a kind. Her mohair is stunning - a soft blond under colour with ginger-gold tips and a lovely curl. She is in pefect condition and stands in at 15" (39cm) tall. Taffy's tag says she was originally $250 back in 1999. OOAK
* TAO - This little guy is 'Tao Tao' no. 1 made by Pat Morris, an Australian Bear artist. From memory this was an open edition, so to have the first bear is pretty special. He's made from a long pile white and black mohair with shading around his eyes. He comes with his tag and stands in at 9" (23cm) tall. He is at least 10 years old!
* Lilac & Lime - also by Pat Morris. She is hand sewn from lilac and lime coloured wavy mohair and looks out through rose coloured glass eyes. She was made on the 12/12/2005. She is in perfect condition and still has her tags. She stands in at 9" (24cm) tall. 1 of 2 in a limited edition.
*Robbie - by Pat Morris. 13" tall (33cm), hand sewn from a luxury English mohair, fully jointed and heavily weighted. At least 10years old. Comes with his sweet hand knitted chocolate wool cardigan. OOAK
*Baby - by Michelle of Shelly Bears (Australian artist who only made bears for about 12months). This little ball of fluff was made from a recycled real fur coat and purchased directly from the artist in 2007. He is fully jointed, stuffed with polyfill and has glass eyes. He doesn't come with any tags though. But the fur is unmistakable - soft as a cloud. He is 6" tall (16cm) and in perfect condition. OOAK
*Daddy - by Michelle of Shelly Bears (Australian artist who only made bears for about 12months). This little ball of fluff was made from a recycled real fur coat and purchased directly from the artist in 2007. He is fully jointed, stuffed with polyfill and has glass eyes. He doesn't come with any tags though. But the fur is unmistakable - soft as a cloud. He is 12" tall (30cm) and has gorgeous rounded pulled toes and fingers. OOAK
* Blonde Bear - is another bear with no tags or labels. He is made from a straight, dense blonde mohair though, and is fully jointed and firmly stuffed/weighted very heavily. He has a little colar around his neck with a bell. He is 13" tall (29cm).
*Scruffy - by Jane Rea of ReaBears (Australian artist). This grumpy little dude is made from mohair, fully jointed with wobble joints and has glass eyes. He comes with his tags and was made in November 2006. He is 7" (18cm) tall. OOAK.
*KayGee Bear - This big girl is 'Becky' by Kerilee Goggin of KayGee Bears (Australian artist who no longer crafts). Becky was made in 2004 and has Kerilee's signature/date on her paw, but no tags. She is in perfect condition, fully jointed, heavily weighted and firmly stuffed. Looks out through glass eyes and has a perfect nose. Made from two luxury mohair fabrics and just generally gorgeous! She is 15" (37cm) tall. OOAK
*Lucy Jane - by Aleta Breese of The Silly Bear. This immaculate girl was made in july 2006 from mohair, wool felt and shoebutton eyes. She wears a vintage doll dress and comes with full tags. She is 13" (33cm) tall. OOAK
*Cherrie - by Robyn Roe of Mima's Bears (Australian artist). She is made from an unusual ruby-red mohair on a tan backing. She is fully jointed and well stuffed/weighted. She wears a red ruffle colar and comes with her laminated tags. She was made in 2011. She is 5" tall (13cm) and OOAK.
*Polar - by Sue Jennings of Teddybuys. Polar is a funny little guy - designed as a pin cushion, I could never bring myself to stab him! He is made from a white alpaca with an ultra suede backing, a glass eye and a hand made nose. He is 8" long (19cm) and comes with one of Sue's bear cards. In as new condition. OOAK
*Bag Panda - by Verity Roennfelt of The Square Pumpkin (Australian artist). This unusual little guy is quite literally made from a bag - those eco re-usable shopping bags! He is fully jointed and has black button eyes. Verity has stuffed him well and given him a little bead necklace. He is 9" (23cm) tall. He doesn't have any tags. OOAK
* Bessie - This unusual little lady is 'Bessie' made by Woollybuttbears, an Australian Bear artist. She is made from hand-dyed schulte mohair, jointed, filled with steel shot and polyfill and wears a handmade alpaca felted hat. She stands in at 7" (18cm) tall. OOAK
*Sunshine Bears 'Robby' - by Sunshine Teddys of Germany ( http://www.sunshine-teddy.de ). Robby is a gorgeous little mohair bear, expertly made of mohair with a sparkling belly button. He is approx 8" tall and fully jointed.
~*~ Please Note that these bears are designed to be Adult Collectables and not intended for infants and young children due to small parts (eyes) and potential for damage (excessive limb twisting/ busted seams etc) – however child safe versions can be custom made and I would think that the bears would be fine with sensible, gentle children (yes – I am sure they exist!) Convo me if you have any concerns. ~*~
We Also Recommend
Trinity - 16" extremely long pile mohair artist panda bear - OOAK by Emma's Bears
Tempest - 16" extremely longpile mohair artist panda bear - OOAK by Emma's Bears