KITS - 16" Yonder Rainbow Double Thick Mohair Bear
Have you always been intrigued with the idea of the rainbow teddy, but weren't sure where to start? Then this is the kit for you as it lets you fully customise your own unique rainbow bear kit as YOU CHOOSE the fur you want to work with.
Right here in this listing you will find just the pattern and specific components needed to make your own 16" bear (like the example bear in the photos below in this listing), BUT you will then need to go to our Hand-Dyed Mohair section to choose your favourite Fat 1/4m piece of rainbow mohair and add it to the cart as a separate item to complete your kit.
If you want to stick to the same fur-look as the example bear, choose from one of the 'Double Thick' mohair listings (codes MAY075 to MAY081). But any of our fat 1/4m pieces of fur will work - it's totally up to you.
This listing includes:
* a set of 50mm joints
* 16mm pair of black glass eyes
* coloured DMC perle embroidery thread for nose (colour matched to your chosen fur)
* black DMC perle embroidery thread for claws
* And if you choose to, you will get a copy of the LYRIC pattern (USE THE 'FULL' VERSION OF THE PATTERN PIECES - as this pattern includes pieces to make three different bears). Many of you already have this pattern, so there is also an option to grab the components without it.
* And we'll include some additional instructions for trimming the rounded cheeks and those cheeky toes.
*** PLEASE REMEMBER YOU NEED TO SELECT YOUR CHOSEN PIECE OF FUR FROM OUR HAND DYED MOHAIR SECTION ***
The only other things not included in the kit are sewing thread, stuffing, and silk dye for shading (which is optional).
Suitable for beginner to intermediate bear making skills as the pattern is very straight forward, but it does have the extra steps like toes and shading.
Comes with simplified, step by step instructions and photo of the finished bear for reference.
All pieces are at correct size - no enlarging or reducing required.
All patterns are copied exactly from my personal stock and have been hand drawn and designed by me. They are also my well loved designs and have been tested on numerous occasions - So i know that they work! Seam allowances, openings. fur directions etc have been pre-marked on the pieces.
I am also totally ok with any bears made from my patterns being re-sold. Just reference the use of my pattern when describing/tagging the bear.
[Please note that the bears in the photos are simply examples of bears i have made using this pattern and are not included in the sale]
We Also Recommend